The Gulf International School, Muscat aims to nurture the inherent potential within every young person. The School currently runs classes for Kindergarten 1, Kindergarten 2, Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 3 and Grade 4 levels. The School has a true international mix of students hailing from over 24 different nationalities and teachers and support staff hailing from 7 different countries.
Located on 18 November street, Azaiba, the school provides an excellent learning environment for young children setting out on a journey of self-discovery and exploration of the world around. The Gulf International School develops each child into a global citizen, unafraid to dream and build the world they wish to be a part of.
The team behind the vision and establishment of the Gulf International School come from distinguished backgrounds and have been involved in the field of education in the Sultanate of Oman and elsewhere for a long time.
The Gulf International School is a non-selective, co-educational, English medium school. Started in September 2013, GIS aims at nurturing students from Kindergarten to Year 13. The school is home to young people from the local and expatriate communities, thus creating a thriving and multicultural learning environment.
The curriculum is formulated around the British National Curriculum with suitable modifications taking in to consideration an international mix of students and their requirements. The students at GIS are guided by a group of highly accomplished staff, thus providing an extremely engaging and creative teacher – pupil interaction.
Our Vision is to build a community of young learners who are
– Confident to be creative, social, analytical, critical and logical.
– Prepared and equipped to meet the opportunities offered in a changing and complex world.
– Driven by a sense of purpose, care and responsibility toward other people and the environment.
– Understanding and respectful of the diversity of traditions in the world while maintaining their own cultural identity and values.
The Gulf International School, Muscat will develop each child into a global citizen, unafraid to dream and build a world they wish to be a part of by:
– Initiating, structuring and developing the learning process.
– Creating student-centred classrooms that cater for each child and foster independent learning.
– Helping young people learn and grow in confidence through experience.
– Inspiring excellence in academics, arts and sports.
– Giving freedom and encouragement to each child’s creativity.
– Nurturing a spirit of team work and friendship.
– Fostering an awareness of our role in the world as humans.
– Building an intergenerational community of teachers, students and their families